Saturday, January 10, 2009

Week 1 Recap

Well, here it is the end of week 1 of my 1001 days. I’ve made some progress this week. I got to cross off the following two items:

11. Take a knitting class
I took a knitting 101 class 1-8-08. I was kind of disappointed in it. The teacher was really nice, but she wasn’t all that great in actually teaching me how to knit. She kept getting confused.

19. Take a craft class of some kind with Wendy
Wendy took the knitting 101 class with me. It was nice to spend some time with her doing something crafty. We’ve always said we would, and now that we have, hopefully we can keep doing it.

I made progress on these items:

9. Loose 50 pounds [0/50]
Now 3/50

21. Create emergency fund of $5,000
Put some money in here – not much but some. And you nosy people don’t need to know how much. :-)

60. Donate 1,000,000 grains of rice at freerice.com [20,000 / 1,000,000]
Yeah, I’ve been spending a bit too much time on this one, but I have donated 20,000 grains of rice so far.

90. Look into getting Administrative Assistant certification of some kind - and do it
I joined IAAP as my first step. I’m still researching the CAP certification and when I can take the test for it. I think it will be November, but I want to wait to decide on that until I get more info.

I changed this item:
58. Pick up all the poop I see at the dog park on 5 separate trips
To
58. Volunteer for something 3 times
Picking up poop is a thankless, endless task. I try to pick up extra when I see it, but I decided it was a better goal to do some volunteer work instead and pick up extra poop all the time. Oh, and the one that says volunteer for Dog Paw doesn’t count. That combines the poop picking up and volunteering into one goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment