Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19 Update

Okay, here we are at week 2. I got one thing crossed off on my list this week:

85. Visit craft thrift store Knitn Kitten 7530 NE Glisan Portland

Yeah, this was kind of a lame one as far as things to do on the old 101 list since it was just something I wanted to do but didn't require a whole lot of effort on my part. But it's a really cool store and I bought 2 blanket projects for $10 that goes towards:

17. Make 5 blankets for Officer Buddy Bear program

Of course, in order to make these blankets I will have to do:

45. Get sewing machine fixed

But that's a good thing, right?

The blankets are pretty cool. They are packages of fleece already cut into pieces that are to be sewn together. I was totally stoked when I saw them and saw they were just $5 each. Unfortunately they are green and orange and cammo, but then since I like to knit and crochet with girly colors, I suppose some little boy will like it. Officer Buddy Bear is a really worthy project where police officers give bears and blankets to children who have suffered some kind of trauma that brings them into contact with the police. I'm excited to be a part of a group that helps them.

As far as items on the list that I have worked on, I did pretty good this week:

35. Organize craft supplies and projects
I went through all my yarn stuff and reorganized it. Found all my knitting needles and crochet hooks and put them where I can find them. Still have more to do, but it's a start!

38. Completely organize my bedroom
Been working on this one. I got the room all tidied up and cleaned. Well, then I trashed it again, but I'm making progress.

46. Set up closet system in my bedroom
Greg helped me with this one. I got the old closet racks out, the new ones in and the shelving unit it. I should post a picture of it, huh? Anyway, I still have to deal with the shoe issue and until that is done, I can't cross this one off. I did get a shoe rack this week, but it doesn't fit my door, so I need to try again.

60. Donate 1,000,000 grains of rice at freerice.com [50,000/ 1,000,000]
I lost track of how many grains of rice I've donated so far. I've spent a lot of time on the site, but somehow am not doing a good job of keeping track. I'm estimating the 50,000, but feel confident that if anything that number is low. Oh, and did I tell you that they are only giving 10 grains of rice for each correct answer now and not 20?

80. Finish baby blanket for Sally
I got the blanket out this week and looked at what I need to do to finish it. I'm not sure I'm going to give it to Sally now, especially since the kid is 2 months old already, but I will finish the blanket. Maybe I'll give it to the next pregnant person that comes along at work. Except for the one I know that is up next that is a SNOT and I don't like and wouldn't give her bratty kid a dog biscuit.

I even managed to get some things done that aren't on the list but have been needing to be done. I got the trim piece put back on my car that's been off for about 2 years, got the inside of the car all cleaned and organized, helped Greg clean and move all the stuff in the living room so that we can move all the stuff from the blue room out there to start on the floor. That includes moving all my craft stuff, too. Some of it is in boxes, so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to work on number 35, but hey, we'll get there, right?

So I'm feeling pretty good about this week. Stay tuned for another scintillating update next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment